Many of you may or may not know that our 2nd bedroom is both a guest room and an office. We use it mostly for an office room- for Jamos and then it is also where we do our homework. Well, for some reason when we bought Jamos a desk for back here- we never got an office chair. So, he has been using a folding chair from our set of folding chairs and table... well, he had been putting an old pillow on the seat of the folding chair the the past....5 months or so.... yes, sad day if you knew how much time was spent back here on homework.
I was shopping at the container store yesterday and saw a bungee chair. I sat in it and it was really comfortable- it rolled and moved back and forth (swivled) and then I remembered seeing these bungee chairs at Target this week on sale. SO- off I went to get one of these chairs for my husband.
It is GREAT! :) And, we ask ourselves how we lived here with no desk chair for nearly 3 years....I am not sure really.
So, all this to say- if you need a desk chair- I suggest getting one! :)
* I am sitting in it right now at his desk. :)
I am also excited because tonight and tomorrow Jamos and I will be attending a Love and Respect Conference at church. We bought tickets a while ago- but I am really excited to go! We haven't been to a marriage conference since we were dating and I really appreciate the wisdom from the Love and Respect books.
You can check out their website here: http://www.loveandrespect.com/
The Emmerson's live in Michigan of all places, so it is funny that we come to texas to hear them speak! Either way, I am excited.
This week has also been nice because we have had only one class. Having just ONE class makes all the difference in our stress level! Of course, in another week we will start our FINAL 2 classes!!
Also pray for my brother in law- Javin- who will be starting his time with YWAM- Youth With a Mission. He will be in Orlando for a few months and then spend 1 month in another country applying what he has learned. We are proud of him for taking this step of growth and discovery as he waits to hear from the Lord as to what his next steps will be.
Jamos and I continue to ask for your prayers for us as we seek our next steps. Not that we are tired of Houston... But, we would LOVE to get back to our friends and family. When we were back in Michigan, we really enjoyed it and it filled up our cups again to come and fight this texas world together. For anyone who has lived away from family understands how much a family is also a support system. When I was in college- I was across the country from my mom- who is also my best friend. We handled it well because we used the phone, e-mail, packages, etc.,
The same goes for us now. We need that support from family and friends and at times, in this busy world, it is harder to give and to get. ALL of this to say, we would love to be closer to family.
And... I think that is all I can think to write. Enjoy your day. Be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment