Thursday, April 17, 2008

needle in my...eye?

Sewing along...la la la....bam. I need to re-load my bobbin, and somehow since I havent used the machine in like...7 months, I forgot how to load it all up- I ended up breaking the needle- it snaps- and smacks me like less than an INCH from MY EYE!! I don't know what I would have done if it hit my eye- I wouldn't be typing this message, that is for sure! I would be in the ER getting my eye fixed. So, thank you Lord for protecting me!

With the help of my husband, (and nearly 1-2 hours later) I got the machine working again. What was I making you may ask? Well, I have been wanting to make those rice packs that you heat in the microwave- and, then put on your back/knee/whatever you want!

I had the supplies, I bought them earlier this week- I'd so my first one came out good- I learned some techniques on this, and I will continue to learn how to tweek this- I figure it is a really useful project- I mean, who doesnt like to have something to ease the tension in their neck? ME ME!!! I love it!

Jamos picked up a pizza from a new pizza joint- it was really good- not greasy and gross- it was yummy!!! :) So, I am thankful I didn't have to worry about that too- We lost power today- I think there was a car accident that hit a power line- it didnt last too long though- so that was good. But, I have to fix all of my clocks....argh.

I got this book from the library "Eat Love Pray" or something like that- kinda interesting and so far I disagree with the lady- but I am trying to keep an open mind! :)

Well that is all. I am pooped after all this sewing machine drama, work and daily duties as a wife!

1 comment:

Kim said...

my mom made those rice sack things for all of us for christmas one year - except no sewing involved - she used a large white tube sock and filled it with rice and tied a nice little ribbon around the end of it! haha. at least that's what I think she did... :)