Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hot and Humid

Wow, let me tell you- I have NO idea how we shall survive the Houston Summer. It is already over 90 degrees- and with humidity the weather man says feels like 98 at LEAST. You walk outside and it feels like you opened the oven and the hot air is hitting you. That is the best I can do to describe it! I am GLAD to be heading north this week for a bit, so I can experience some better temps!!

I love GREEK food- and I cannot wait to someday visit Greece. Jamos and I both want to go- I have wanted to go since I saw "sisterhood of the traveling pants" and saw the white buildings and beautiful blue waters. Anyways, finally visited this amazing Greek Rest. and I will be going back ASAP! They had the BEST hummus, greek salad and Gyros. It was GREAT!!! We went out with our friend Amy and she had another Whirlpool friend with her down from Dallas, so we enjoyed ourselves! It was fun. I was eating like a maniac. :) That is pretty normal now adays. I dont know why, but everywhere we go they have GREAT food down here. It is nice to actually go someplace OTHER than applebees, you know? So, we go often and the food is SOO GOOD!!!

At least fruit season has started down here- I got strawberries for 99 cents yesterday, and cherries for 2.99 a pound. When we first came down in January, Cherries were like seriously 6.99 a pound!! So, I am GLAD about fruit. I love it- and hopefully it will counter-act the other food I have been eating- allowing me to fit into my pants again!! :)

ANYWAYS, I will post some pictures that we took last night- not much picture taking has been happening around here. We work so much.... trying to afford to live down here! :) I was just reading this book about living on well less than you think- and it was talking about areas of the country- where you may get paid less, but the cost of living, insurance, home taxes are SO much less expensive...hmm. I think we need to review that before we move again!!!

Jamos has enjoyed getting cards in the mail for his birthday! I am so proud of my family for how they have blessed his life lately for his birthday! :) He feels really special and I will say it again, birthdays are a BIG DEAL in my world, so I am making them for him too!! :) I have all his gifts in front of the fire place and we are placing the cards on the mantle as he opens them and feels pretty special!! :)

Today he got a package from his family, and I put that there too- and he got a card from his sister- so that was really nice too! :) He loves it and totally deserves it. I am trying to figure out how to decorate his cake.... I saw the CUTEST cake on the back of the cake box...not exactly sure I can conquere that, but I will try and I will post pictures for SURE!!! :) HAHA.

I wish we had lots of friends down here so we could have a birthday party for him! I remember last year, we had a party at my dad's house- in the pole barn- I suprised him!!! That was a blast!! :)

Okay, well, here are some pictures.












No comments: