Monday, June 01, 2009

Day 3 in Pictures...Austria


This likely doesnt look that exciting, but it was the BEST breakfast EVER. The station to the left of Jamos was all types of breads- not like toast, but delicious fresh baked breads, 2 types of eggs and this fabulous coffee machine. Behind his head- was all types of MEATS and fresh yogurts- when I say meat, I don't mean bacon, but, I mean, fresh european meats. YUMMM.




This is how you get your coffee :)


many types of jelly and jams for your breads and NUTELLO :)


The Candy Jamos paid WAY too much for- in the train station- they have all types of "stands" where you scoop your own candy- we ate this on the train.


On the train...those are the tracks passing us by.


For the first part there were no seats, so, we stood and took pictures. We also had to RUN thru the train station to the VERY LAST track in the huge station- I felt like I was on the "amazing race" as we ran FAST and JUST made out train to Salzburg.



My lovely.

Salzburg from the gardens





On our "bus" it had no roof and we listened to the history of the city on head sets.


Jamos :)



This is the famous house where the Sound of Music was filmed :)


"The Hills are ALIVE with the SOUND OF MUSIC" I have had that tape since I was little and am looking for it on CD...if anyone has it...:)



We also hiked to the top of this castle and had to pay a ton of money to get inside and tour it. whew. what a work out. talk about walking straight UP.


Jamos and Mozart. Apparently, there is such thing as a MOZART BALL- which is chocolate and some type of nut. We of course, bought 2 for us, and ate it, but here is the advertisment.



On our climb to the castle, we saw some amazing views.Now, we are in the castle. What a great view of the city.Mozart in Salzburg.







1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

A castle tour, how fun! And you can get a Sound of Music CD on eBay.