So, we have been back from Germany for 2 weeks and I haven't had time to post about Germany let alone about our life back in Houston. Things are good though- we are very busy! While we were flying over seas, Jamos turned 25! Yes, he is getting to be an old man! It feels strange to not have really "CELEBRATED" his birthday- since we were traveling and such during his big day. Though, he was thought of by my family and the blessed him greatly! Thru that- he was able to get GOLF CLUBS and a GOLF BAG to put the clubs in! :) He is getting "set" to hit the golf course. I hope he likes it!!! He has had many lessons and gone to the driving range a LOT- but, now it is time to hit the course! He is excited. All of that to say- my husband is 25 :)
Umm...this weekend I went to my friend Evelyn's house- I work with her at the church all the time, and she lives like 40 minutes away, so I have never made it to her house- but this weekend I went and her subdivision was having a community garage sale. It was fun. I got 3 things- and spent $4. I got a box of PartyLite votive candles for $1 (the husband priced it when his wife was inside!!), a book on Houston "then and now" which I keep seeing at barnes and noble for $1 and then, scrabble "up" where you can build letters to form words- that was $2. I was having fun!! I had to stop at sams for gas, and some more veggies, etc., Jamos and I have been trying to eat as healthy as possible since returning from Germany and ALSO working out more! It has been good. I hate working out- and I have been working out with Jillian Michaels- boy does she kick my butt! I need to work out again tonight, actually, in a few minutes, but, I have NO desire to do so...Jamos is out for a 5 miles run, so that kinda motivates me to do something while I am here!!!
This week is going to be a busy one for us- Jamos is going to Chicago on Wednesday for work and I am going to Michigan on Thursday for work! Crazy! I have 2 registration days that I am coming up for- which in those 2 days I have over 1/2 of my students who are enrolling this fall attending one of the 2 days- SO, I think I picked great days!! And, while I am up there- I am going to go over and see my dad and barb and my amah. My dad's birthday is the 17th- so I will be able to eat least see him during his birthday week! My mom and Granny are driving up from FL and should arrive Sunday or Monday- not sure- it just depends on their schedule too I guess....and, from there- I will be going up to the cottage with them.
I am pretty thankful for this time I get to spend with my mom and granny. I know that it will be special and a huge blessing to my life. I just pray that my grandma stays healthy and strong and has a restful time! :) From the cottage I am headed BACK to SA, for the 2nd registration day...and then, will fly out on Saturday- back to Houston. CRAZY I know, but I am SO thankful that I am getting the chance to do this and see so many people, etc., While I am in C-town, Jamos will be headed from Chicago to see his family - and it wasnt until AFTER I booked the ticket- did I realize we will be in the same town at the same time, which will be nice- though will add to the chaos of seeing so many people and doing so many things in such a short amount of time.
I know he is really excited to see his family too! I just hope we can create a schedule of sorts so we can "book" everyone we need to see! I am also trying to figure out how I am getting from SA on Friday the 12- to the west side of the state, so if anyone reading this has plans to head west- even if just k-zoo, that would be willing to let me tag along, I would LOVE IT.
I have a family that I have worked with for a long time- and this is their 3rd kid coming to SAU- and I know this live west- so I may try to tag a ride home with THEM and get picked up....not sure, I am still working it out. But, yes, if you read this and are headed west- let me know!!! :)
On the MarriagePrep front- we are not going to do our bridal extravaganza that we were signed up for and have done for a LONG time- this july- I am sort of glad, but the church is having some financial trouble and we are trying to pinch penny's were we can- SO, no bridal. Jamos and I are BUMMED because incentive of doing bridal- they were giving away cruises- to attend this "bridal college at sea" which you would be able to attend- and learn about the wedding business- etc., but, get a FREE cruise to Mexico- Jamos and I were planning on that and had it on our calendars, but, now that we are not doing the july bridal show- we don't qualify for the free cruise anymore and they have to take our names off of the list. BUMMER. At least we went to Europe! :) And we can likely still go on a cruise from Galveston, just at a different time.
SO...that is all I can think to say! :) I need to go work out now...wish me luck! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment