Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taste like Bounce

So, I bought a pack of tortillas because I like to make Jamos a wrap in his lunch- it is easier to eat while he is on the road.

Today I grabbed the pack, which I somehow stacked on our dryer- which is located in our kitchen- so I occassionaly place random things on top of it- because we don't have a LOT of counter space.

I made his lunch...and a few hours later called to see how his day was going. He was sitting in his car eating his lunch in the parking lot of one of his stores- and said, "man, this tastes like a flower smells" and he was questioning my dish soap- since I just washed the container before he left. I was like, hmmm.

Then it hit me. BOUNCE DRYER SHEETS!!!!!! The smell from the box of bounce which was also on top of the dryer seeped into the 2 layers of plastic in the tortillas. I grabbed the pack that I had placed in the fridge because I just opened them...and took a bite of one- nearly gagged. YUCK!

I don't know how he ate 1/2 of his wrap. I had to spit out my bite, wash my mouth with water and put in gum to forget the smell and stop the gag reflex.

I decided to call BOUNCE to make sure he wasn't going to die after consuming the tortilla- and they said he would be OK. :) I had to give them a bunch of information because it could be a medical issue - even though I was reassured that it was likely just fragrance that he ate.
...
I called Jamos back and told him that I called BOUNCE and they said he would be okay-to just drink water. He had already had to buy mints from the vending machine and was using his last dollar for some more water.

I guess that is one way to freshen your breath!

1 comment:

Matthew and Valerie said...

I'm glad he's ok. Isn't it crazy how foods can pick up tastes from their surroundings? I'm sure Bounce doesn't taste good, though.