Friday, November 18, 2005

The best antiques

"The best antiques are old friends"

Yes indeed, the best antiques are old friends....It is funny, sometimes I think back to my life in Florida and it feels like I was a completely different person. I mean, not in a bad way, or that I have changed much, but when I moved to Michigan I made ALL new friends, got new clothes and started a different life. The life that I live far from home...with people who have known me not very long at all. I guess,the oldest of friends I have here have known me for...almost 8 years. No wonder I have a hard time remembering what life was like when I lived in Florida. Maybe I just miss being a child...carefree...in my mothers arms. I dont know. I just miss something about that old life. And yet, I know that when I go home for Christmas...it isnt going to be anything like it used to be, so I will feel disappointed. I can change my thought process. I like who I am now. I like the 'adult' person God intended me to be. I enjoy making my own decisions and paying the bills that I need to pay....I don't really know what I am trying to say...just remember your old friends...treasure them and give them a hug today if you see them! :)

No comments: