Going once...going twice...SOLD! :) Last night was the annual Jackson Christian Auction....and it was SO FUN!!! Basically, people donate some amazing things and then, we all like fools bid on them....a 10.00 gift certificate goes for like, $50. And so on and so forth. It is a blast. I was a lucky girl because my boyfriend, Mr. Jamos himself left work early, battled the traffic and bad directions from his girlfriend to attend with her and for that I am thankful! :) We had fun, I bid on some pretty random stuff...lucky for me, I only ended up with a 'never used' bread maker and tickets for tonights BowFire Concert....Bowfire you might ask?? Yes, well, it is these people who play the violin in amazing settings and just very entertaining and I am SO excited that Jamos and I get to go!!
We had a good meal....they actually brought this pig in....that had been cooking over the fire- it was slightly DISCUSTING as it walked right by my chair on a large platter- had an apple in its mouth and grapes for eyes....I still ate the salty pork, turkey, cheesy potatoes, little veggies that looked like mini pumpkins and things. To complete the 3 cups of coffee I drank- we had some apple pie- not as good as MY apple pie, but it served its purpose! :)
I cant remember what we bid on for the 'live' auction- but if you start out early- you can at least raise your paddle and feel cool! :) My boss and his wife got a weeks stay at Shanty Creek! That is pretty cool if you ask me! :)
Now, as we get ready for the day- we are heading East to Ann Arbor to see what we may see in that area- it shall be great! I wanted to go to Franenmuth this weekend, BUT...now that I got these concert tickets...we can't go too far! :) Plus, there are movies to watch...and fun times to be had!
No comments:
Post a Comment