Thursday, April 22, 2010

Are you a hoarder?



Usually in the course of my day- stuff happens and I think in terms of blogging about it-then when it comes down to writing, all of my thoughts our gone. If only I could blog with brain power- not typing.
Shoot.

The past two weeks I have heard about TWO divorces of highly respected people- who are Christians and love the Lord. Again, this always seems to dishearten me- only making me realize how SACRED our marriages are and how important it is to protect this special covenant. It is sad... :(

We also have something our wall again- I thought it was a squirrel- cause a little squirrel friend was standing by our wall in the hallway a lot- but, I guess the maintance guy said a squirrel can't fit in that hole- and said it isn't that- so I don't know what it is! EW.

I have been doing yoga for nearly 2 years now....and I still cannot touch my toes.

Everyone should watch the show on TLC about hoarding. http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/hoarding-buried-alive/

It is a really sad. People's lives are GREATLY affected by this disease. There houses fill up with clutter and pretty soon- no one can walk around in the house- which not only affects quality of life- but health and well-being.

They made a GREAT point for those who can't bear to get rid of something b/c of a memory it is associated with- and we can't let the STUFF be the memory.
We have the memories and they won't go away when we get rid of the clutter.

In our tiny apartment we have a lot of stuff and only 2 closets to store it- so I feel like we have so much stuff around us all the time. It drives me crazy and I DO NOT want to be controlled by my STUFF.

Just b/c something is on sale- I shouldn't buy it.

Just b/c it would be fun to purchase something- I don't NEED it (think in terms of the clutter it will create once I get it home).

That thought alone has been saving me a LOT of money lately!

Just get rid of it!!!!!

It free's up a lot of my mind to take stuff to goodwill.
Praise God.
Let's keep a cleaning it OUT!!!! :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have watched Hoarders.. What a show - and it makes me realize I'm not that bad - or at least it reminds my husband I'm not that bad. :) But I'm glad it's at least teaching you something more than it's teaching me! haha. I really need to not buy everything on sale at the store and not hold on to EVERYthing. Thanks for telling me that.