I just have to say- that this day has been interesting! I was feeling cozy- so I made my delcious butternut squash/apple soup. It is SO good. Trust me. I am not a yam/orange family fan. Not even pumpkins THAT much. So, to eat a squash is a big deal. And this is delicious. Serve with croutons. YUM. So, I was feeling cozy, warm, lovely since the temps got cooler around these parts....
Jamos and I were on target with our homework for tonight- which means free time...he chose to spent that looking up monkey knots or something....
I stopped drinking diet pop (soda) around Feb.- and so my favorite drink is sparkling water. Not the flavored fake kinds, just sparkling water. Most people find it discusting, but I really like the bubbles...OK- so I decided I wanted to go to the store to get some more sparkling water since we were out. Jamos decided he wanted to come with me since he needed some type of parachut cord to make his new craft: monkey knots or whatever.
It is raining...
I asked to drive his car. Our little "whitey" which is a white, 99 honda accord. It has quite a few miles on it- and yes, we plan on replacing it soon- since we basically have replaced the entire car in the 10 years that I have owned it! Anyways, the last time I drove- we had a huge brake line leak...
After going to REI to grab the parachut cord- we came out- in the rain- to realize that I can't get the car out of park.
My sweet husband is uttering words of kindness to me...in the mean time, I I try to push the car in the rain to get it to move (why? I have no idea).
Lucky for us, we still have our owner guide- which indicated how to release the car from the "stuck" park position- which WORKED! And allowed us not to have to tow our car twice in 2 months! Though we have AAA, I didn't feel like waiting in the rain for them to arrive.
When we got home- I called my mom (my dad was already sleeping!) and Jamos went to work researching online. He discovered that it could be as simple as a FUSE. He said we needed to go see if the brake lights worked- because if they weren't working- it would really be a fuse. So, my mom (on the phone) and I and Jamos went outside in the dark and the rain- and our brake lights didn't come on!!! So, I am REALLLLLY hoping it is just a fuse, not another $700 car problem. We will take it to SAL up the road in the morning. I will make cookies for them. (if you go anywhere like a local place, take cookies! I get fast service now!! and nothing beats when Sal takes the cookies to the shop and goes "WE HAVE COOKIES!") :)
So, my night was not a total relaxation night...but rather another lesson in mechanics. Hey, maybe when I am done with this masters, I can go to tech school...that would be AWESOME! I would LOVE to learn how to fix my own cars....
1 comment:
Okay, you are so cute, and yet hilarious. Taking cookies to the car repair shop sounds like something a nice home-maker would do in the 50s (maybe? I dunno! hah) But I think that is so nice of you.. I love doing things like that, but I just think if I did take cookies to the nice men who repaired the hole in my tire for free, I might get strange looks. So, go you!
Post a Comment