Friday, October 28, 2005

sugar cookie tragedy

Last night, after weeks of preparation and recipe finding, it was time to use the cookie cutters with leaves and pumpkins....
I bought some sugar cookie rolls of dough....we rolled it out with my new rolling pin I bought JUST for this reason. We happily punched out the pumpkins and leaves ...only to realize, they were completly stuck to the wax paper. And we couldn't even lift any part of the dough without it just falling APART!!!!

So, we balled it all up and made some regular cookies, only to burn them cause they were so thin. THEN, after doing all the research and getting recipes from people about FROSTING for the sugar cookies, I opted for the JIFFY mix at the last moment. All was well, til we made the COLORS. Note to self, DO NOT BUY THE FALL COLOR BOX OF FOOD COLORING!

We had orange, perfect, we had burgundy...not so perfect..and then, when trying to make the color "SPICED CIDER" it ended up looking more like...something you don't really want to think about while eating a cookie, let alone eating anything!

So, the cookie making was a slight tragedy, but it was fun, and i think I got the food coloring out of the carpet! :)

No comments: