Me and my Uncle Don on Christmas Day!
Jamos and I on Christmas
Now onto the "words" of my life. Jamos and I attended a new church yesterday- called Second Baptist- www.second.org and I loved it! The church was fairly large, but I dont think you are going to find a 200 person church here in Houston. It is close to us, like 3 miles away- (sometimes here in texas, to go 3 miles, it takes like 20 minutes- NOT KIDDING) but it didnt take too long! We connected right away with people in the church- we stopped at the visitors center- which I normally wouldn't do- but we did! They were really nice- and after the service, we went to a visitors reception, where we got to meet the pastor- (ben young) and get a FREE book written by the head pastor- Ed Young. They were all very nice- and next week we will go to the marriage sunday school class! I am REALLY excited to attend that! Lately in the midst of all this moving- and craziness, I just have wanted to spend more time with the Lord- and grow with him. I love it!!! I am just craving it...- and so I am REALLY glad to be able to attend this class- and join a church!
After the service- they were having this open house at the family life center- where they have a total work out area- and offer classes, etc,, but, because it was an open house- we got free samples of things, and also I learned the hymlich (how do you spell that??) so I was excited about that.
Okay, so, after church, we explored the area around the church- found a Kroger- bought a Sunday paper- I LOVE THE SUNDAY PAPER here!!! It is awesome!!!!! Seriously- the BEST coupons!!!! and a TON of them!!! I like it a lot!!!! Ummm....we came home, I took a nap, and Jamos did something- I have no idea what he did- but he kept himself busy while I was able to nap. And, then we went out and about because I was feeling homesick. I talked with both of my grandma's and it made me want to go back to Michigan and be at my amah's house. I got real sad- so we went out- to Bed bath and beyond- and returned some curtain rods that we bought last week- that didnt work- and actually ran into a friend, brian, who is Jamos' mentor w/ whirlpool- that was fun to actually run into someone in this HUGE city!!! :)
We also went to Whole Foods- I LOVE that place! It is amazing- this one was smaller than what I am used to- but they have the same organic products- and amazin deli, amazing seafood- everything is GREAT! :) So, we spent more money at the grocery store. I really feel like we spend SO much on food! But, I guess it is still cheaper than going out- although, sometimes you jus thave to go out!
Oh, on Friday night- I needed to get out of the house- we went to IKEA- we live less than 5 minutes from IKEA- and we got a new desk and a new coffee table- it was FUN!!!! After we came home- we decided to find someplace fun to eat- and, we found the Aquarium, which is actually the Houston Aquarium, but they have a restaurant, and we ate among the fish! I had almond crusted trout- and Jamos had shrimp stuffed with a lot of yummy stuff! It was fun to get out on the town. I will post some pictures.
Anyways, if you get the chance to watch Joel Osteen- from Lakewood chuch- do it! I love the worship- and have worshipped there- I LOVE IT! That church has the best worship service- I just wish it wasnt so big, but if it wasnt so big, the worship wouldnt be as great- There is something about praising the Lord with 16,000 people- it is just AWESOME!!! :)
Working from home has been really hard on me- just the fact of being alone in the house ALL day long- is really hard.
The weather here has been icky. It just rains and has been cool- we actually had to turn on the heat!!! Unreal! :)
So, I will post this and then post some more pictures.... I think Jamos will be on his way home soon- but, thanks for reading! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment