I don't have anything exciting to talk about. Really. I read some people's blogs and they are written so nicely and include really exciting stories...Apparently I don't have that capability. I talk about my weekend which normally includes nothing exciting. Ever. ugh. I miss Michigan. I miss friends. I miss a career where I actually GO to work. Not that I in ANY way shape or form am dissing working from home. I know when I worked in an office I likely wished to work from home. So, I get the whole "the grass is greener" thing. But, seriously. I used to laugh like ALL DAY! Of course, there were bad days too- but, they were much more social and full of excitment. Let's see.. memories from the office. I remember one day I came to work bright and early...and someone's horses got out- and were running down M-60. I also remember going to work one day and meeting my HUSBAND while he was an intern. I had the best office....with a window and the nice wooden furniture. Ah. I used to run around everywhere I went. No wonder I was thin! Working from home- there is no one to run to...
Anyways. I miss it. It is affecting my heart/spirit/mood. I am a bit grumpy lately. Life just is confusing at times...I wish I could look into the future to at least see what was coming down the line. Of course, I likely don't REALLY want to know. Since I am sure there are trials along with the good times. Maybe that is why God doesn't tell us our future. We wouldn't live for today. Hmm.
I made my stinky soup- it is actually a weight watchers soup that I used to eat for lunch like EVERY day in michigan and everyone in the office would be like "EMILY!!!" cause it smelled bad and they called it "stinky" I made it this weekend and there is just something about this soup that is SO GOOD! I could eat it ALL. So, I had it for dinner last night and lunch today. Basically, you take any veggie you have- cut it up- throw it in a pot with some ground turkey and walah! This time I put: Carrots, celery, corn, yellow squash, onion, garlic, hatch peppers (I bought fun mini-yellow, red and orange peppers to put in but forgot!) then, I add black beans and chic peas (normally, 2 cans of black beans- but I only had 1) and then, I use salsa and lots of it for spicey and for the tomato factor. It is yummy! So, I did that yesterday....along with some homework....some TARGET! (my favorite time of the week) and then, some just chill time. I didn't really do much else. Sad. Oh, I did the annoying things like, dry cleaners, car wash, etc., but, nothing FUN.
Today at church was good. I love being in the sanctuary. It is fabulous. With all the construction we have had in there...there is bound to be BUGS. Well, I grew up in FL with roaches...and now that we have moved to the south again, sometimes I encounter a roach. Well, normally, I cry and freak out- I am just THAT scared of those creepy things. Anyways, there was a ROACH crawling up the aisle...and, then, apparently during the song, it was on this guys SHOULDER! He was sitting like 3 people away from me...in front of me. So, the person behind him like, brushed it off- and no one said anything- well, the REST of the service, there I am - freaking out that this roach is going to crawl up my leg and get on MY shoulder. No way jose. So, I am finally getting into the service and feel something on my FOOT. I leap about 3 feet in the air....and, it was JAMOS' PANT LEG. I was so scared by it that I did shed a tear. Ugh. I hate it. And, he has been making fun of me since this morning- about how "high" I jumped. Not funny.
Side note: Have you ever used a tongue scraper? I hadn't but had been feeling like I needed some fresher breath...and, so, while I was shopping at Target yesterday, I picked up a pack- and really like it! I do feel like my breath is fresher. Now, if Jamos gags himself on this tongue scraper I may regret my decision...but, so far so good. Try it. I give it my EBSM stamp of approval.
We are now in week FOUR of our Master's class. I wish it was totally done after week 10- but apparently we will still need 32 credits to be done with the program. UGH!!!! Can you believe it?! I can't. It takes a lot of disipline each week.
Umm...well, I have nothing else to say really....so, hope you are having a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment