Tuesday, September 22, 2009

reflections of the day

It has rained all day today- from pouring to sprinkles, but rain none-the-less. It has not helped my motivation to work out, to WORK in general or to get my homework done. At least as the day comes to a close, I can say that I did in fact work- and I did work out- and the homework is coming along- slowly but surely. Not sure how to inspire my knowledge.

I went to the mall today, I had some "free" coupons at VS and then, to Aveda. I love that. But, I also realized that 1 year and 10 months ago, we thought that mall was the BEST thing EVER and we were so excited to live SO close to the biggest mall we had ever seen. Ah, the shopping. But, lately, I don't want to buy new clothes, or shoes, or whatever. I just don't. It isn't something we NEED. It isn't really even fun. I have big feet and am tall, so nothing fits "easy" anymore. I did try on some cute things at Ann Taylor Loft- all of this to say- I really REALLY need to keep working out! It is interesting to see all the people coming and going, making big purchases getting excited about STUFF. But, really, that is how I see it. I do have this obsessive personality- so I have bought quite a bit of tooth paste, advil, stuff like that when it is on sale, but the clothes and stuff- shoot. I usually wear the SAME thing over and over and over. And, then, I go back to the fact that I have to do homework- so i think that sucks some joy out of the shopping experience for ME!

I wish I could have a garage sale. How do you do that if you live at an apartment? I need to pack up stuff and go to my friends neighborhood- that would likely work. But, requires free weekends and planning. I am tired of stuff. Let's free ourselves from the clearance rack...to clear the clutter and our minds. There is nothing I need. Nothing. I was thinking for Chrstmas, to say, "donate money to this organization" or, put $10 towards Jamos' school loans. Those are the things that I REALLY want taken care of. Now that Jamos and I are both in grad school- Jamos gets a discount- but it is still expensive. Long story short- we are doing what we need to do right now- we have all that we need to have. Of course, a new Lori C. Mitchell La De Dah, would be okay with me...but that is for the future because I think they would look SUPER cute in a little kids room. So- THERE!

The other thing I notice lately is people are pregnant. Right now...my cousin is having a baby in January, my friends Amy and Angela from church are both having kids in december and january...I have one friend who is trying to have a baby...it is like the second round of baby BOOM. The first round happened right after college...so, those friends have already completed baby #2.....
And, yet, as much as sure, I could jump on the baby wagon, I know in my heart I am NOT ready for a baby. Well, I think. People say, "oh, treasure the times with your spouse" and "travel!" and "blah blah blah" well, they are right. Jamos and I are doing what we need to do NOW to ensure our future is bright- that we are financially ready, that our careers are on the right track, that our schooling is done/in process, that our marriage is strong(this is like the most important!)...who knows. I just know that if anyone asks me if I am having a baby soon- the answer is NO. Though, is it strange that sometimes I want someone to leave a baby at my doorstep...so, that I can take care of it? WEIRD I know. I also want to find a kitten somewhere that is so cute that when Jamos see's it he says we HAVE to have it! :) (he hates cats- and I love them).
So, maybe deep inside I have that mother instinct. My mom was 32 when she had me...so, I have time! I am not 30 yet- so there is NO RUSH people. OK- sorry.

The other thing that is on my brain- is Jon and Kate. Yes, I know, get over it. But, for some reason I am STUCK on it. I think about it. It hurts me. I really did look to them on their show to see how a marriage works- I was feeling good- and then, BAM. They get divorced. God does tell us to look to him- not others- which I should know by now. But, I did look at them- the way they interacted, etc.,
Divorce just scares me- simple as that and complicated as that.

Well, I need to start on this weeks homework- reading FOUR chapters in my huge text book. Ah, the joys of graduate school. I hope this pays off someday.

No comments: