Wednesday, June 11, 2008

strange noise?

About 3 weeks ago (may 20) Jamos and I took our 1999 honda in for service - the 120k check up- along with getting new engine mounts- we spent a great chunk of money on this...and today, Jamos called me telling me that the car was making a strange noise. Well, personally, I HATE when something is wrong with my car. 1) I have NO idea how to fix it 2) it usually is expensive 3) I rely on my car so much- I dont want it to have something wrong with it!!

So, me, being OCD- After work, I called the local car place around the corner- they are really nice- family owned- and I wanted them to listen to the car, to see if it was going to blow up or something, he told me that it was either something within the timing belt (which I had replaced 1.5 years ago) OR the alternator.

Called the honda dealership AGAIN and asked if I could bring it in ASAP (tried to make an appointment earlier in the day, but no such luck) the guy, david, was REALLY nice- he said, sure, bring it in! So, Jamos and I drove with all the traffic leaving the city to the dealership- he ran a test and found out that it was indeed the alternator. DARN IT! I am like, gee whiz. He also saw that my battery was not putting out at full speed- SO, because I also got that 1.5 years ago and it is a 3 year warranty battery...I get a new battery for FREE.

I really really was frustrated with the whole situation. Like I want to deal with a car issue- I wish Jamos understood cars, but he is as clueless as I am- actually, I may be better at car stuff than he is- but when I pictured as a little girl- my marriage, my man actually KNEW how to fix cars! So, like my dad said on the phone tonight, I should just embrace that I am good at getting car work done. Not like it is hard, you know anyone will take your pay check for 2 hours of labor and $50 parts..

I also was able to return some stuff tonight to target- from Jamos' birthday. Well, just floor mats and the cool steering wheel cover I bought him. I guess he doesnt like stearing wheel covers... :)
And, we cleaned the dealership floor mats with oxy clean- so we are just good to go!!! :) And, we can put this money towards Jamos' new alternator....

ha ha ha.

Anyways, tomorrow is yoga at 7am- I am excited. Not excited to wake up so early, but pretty excited to relax!!!

Whelp, I think that is all folks.

No comments: