Sunday, June 01, 2008

Michigan thus Far

These pictures are backwards in order- so view them from the bottom up! :) Michigan has been WONDERFUL! I am SO happy to be back here. I know that this is the state that I LOVE. I had a great and safe flight to Detroit, Jennie picked me up from the airport, she did a great job and actually met me before baggage claim- so that was a suprise! The office was decorated for my arrival, and people were waiting in the lobby to say hi to me. It was quite special and wonderful and I am SO thankful that I work where I work. After a busy day Thursday, I went home from the office with Rachel- we had a great dinner at Outback! And, then drove around Jackson to see what has changed. We actually went to my old apartment and Jack, my favorite maintance man was working on it- no one has rented it out yet- so, I knocked on the door and we went up! AAWWWW. My old apartment- I love it. It kinda makes me sad thinking about it now. But, hey, life does just move on. I tried to see my little lady neighbor, Ginny, but she wasnt home- or didnt hear the doorbell- one or the other! :)

Rachel and I went to a movie- we were like the only ones in the theater for a while and then, like 4 people showed up to see "baby mama" which was actually a good movie- not just funny humor. Actually had some substance to it. I really enjoyed seeing Rachel and spending time with her. She was a great hostess!!!

Friday I was able to attend the registration day so I got to hang out with my students and eat lunch with them, etc., That was AWESOME!!! I have missed that SO much. Although, it is strange to gain that perspective again, after doing so much phone work, etc.,

I drove to my grandma's on Friday after work- we had a nice dinner and I ended up falling asleep on her couch!! I woke up while we were watching tv and looked at her and she said "you fell asleep" :) It was sweet. I love my grandma.

On Saturday, we had pancakes at my dads, then, we all went to work outside- splitting and loading the wood my dad found along some random road somewhere. Hey, I guess it makes sense when you heat your home with it- and the price of everything is rising. That was a dirty job, but at least I got some sun and some excercise. After that, we went walking in downtown st.j and that was wonderful. We walked a long while- stopped at an Estate Sale, where I got the game, Jenga, for like 2 bucks and some movies for my husband. :) CHEAP!!! Then, we walked all along the beach, to the pier and back to the car. It was such a perfect michigan summer day!

That night, we had my grandma over for pizza- and I chose to have a photo opportunity in the flowers- since in texas we have streets, cars and tall buildings, not a lot of beautiful flowers! I love FLOWERS!!!!

After pizza, I met up with the Mitchells- to watch Justyc dance recital- it was good and REALLY funny at some points- only in the ways that a small town could be funny.

Today was church at RTL- where I got to see a bunch of people- which was nice- and of course, my in-laws which was fun too! Now that I actually LIVE with my husband, I see a TON of resemblance in actions and things. It is fun to watch. After church, I had lunch with my grandma, and then, washed her windows- which normally she has Jamos do- b/c he is like, the best window washer EVER or something- and I just dont get them as streak free as she would like. But, I would say I did a really good job. After doing my duties as a grandaughter, I drove back to my dads, where we proceeded to load the boat and go fishing! We caught 16 blue gill- enough to then, come home and fry up for dinner!! We had corn bread, asparagus (picked fresh from the fields here in c town) and, the fish. It was tasty! My dad and I had a good day together! I enjoy being outside with him- and doing things with him too!! :)

Now, here I am, blogging and I really need to get some rest, becuase my throat is killing me! I don tknow why- too much nature or something!!! :)

Tomorrow I am meeting back up with my office for our retreat/training. I am SUPER excited to see everyone again and spend more time with them hanging out!!!

















































No comments: