Thursday, June 23, 2005

dirt cake

Last night my BF and I had a slight dinner party for our friend Jamey. We love her and wanted to do something fun to hang out and give her nutrition. :) Before the dinner party started there was a trip to the mall, which was supposed to be FAST- but it ended up taking FOREVER - cause the boy wanted some new shorts. :) And he got a pair- and a good deal:) then off to Walmart to get the items for not only the dinner party but for the dirt cake I had to make for work today cause yesterday I was informed that it was my month to take care of the birthday celebration for June birthdays!! AHH!! Well, I got a recipe for dirt cake, which seemed easy and fun with the little gummy worms and oreo pieces....but...of course, when I try to do such recipes, it goes wrong. I lost the recipe/directions somewhere between walmart and my house...I bought the wrong size pudding which messed up our measurements. We ripped apart the house trying to find the directions, had to call a co-worker and she gave us her recipe which was a LITTLE different from the one we had- SO....we had to make ANOTHER trip to the store cause the stuff wouldnt thicken up and once the BF and I got there- we didnt remember if it was cream cheese OR cool whip we needed at 11:30- So, we got both.

Fun :) Good times that is for SURE. :)

No comments: