Jamos and I made it to the airport on Sunday- in like the worst winter weather EVER! I couldnt believe we made it- we did spend extra time on the runway de-icing- but for that I am grateful! We made it to Houston- where the sun was shining bright and the weather feels nice! It is cool here, but, still really nice.
We spent the ENTIRE day searching for apartments and trying to drive around the city without getting TOO lost- we are getting real good at knowing where we are and what are the main roads. The highways are NUTS around here- I mean, this is a HUGE city, but I guess I didnt realize how nuts it really gets. I would ask for prayer- that the Lord will show us to the doorstep of our future new home!! There is 1 apartment complex I am madly in love with- but it may be a little too much money- so we have some decisions to make. :)
We met some of Jamos' co-workers- and other MBR's at a starbucks on the corner so Jamos could sit in on a conference call. I enjoyed some time doing a crossword puzzle- and tried to make new friends- I met a lady who is a lawyer in the area- anyways, we were talking about places to live- etc., every person I have talked to so far in the city- (all other women of course) they have given me their number! It is so sweet! I guess Houston does have that small town feel!
So, pray for us, I will post pictures when I can....but we are REAL tired right now- actually, my husband is asleep as I type this.
Pray for us!! THANK YOU!!!:)*
No comments:
Post a Comment