Today was a sad afternoon- I had to say bye to my mom who was here visiting since friday night! I loved having her here! We did a lot in a little amount of time- Saturday we were going to try to go to the art festival here in houston- it is less than like 5 miles from my house- at the memorial park, and, well, you had to drive to either downtown houston OR this mall parking lot a few miles north of our house- and get bussed into the festival- which would be fine, but when we went to get bussed the line was like wrapped around this rundown mall! SO, we went to plan B which was to discover parts of houston we have yet to explore, so we headed north to old town spring- which was an interesting experience. We did get the chance to walk on normal streets, and do a little shopping- didnt buy anything, and found this awesome- felt like I was in the movie, "hope floats" place to eat- we had some BBQ- listened to the juke box- great fun- then, we were driving home- OHHHH...I forgot to mention that...Friday night- had slept AWFUL- because w/ the weather change...apparently there was a ROACH on my LAMP next to my BED- so I couldnt sleep at ALL on Friday night- which made Saturday pretty hard!!! Okay- so when we were driving home- we decided to go to saturday night church, which Jamos and I never go to- but the idea of sleeping in on Sunday was VERY tempting, so we went and I enjoyed it! Less people than Sunday morning. Anyways, we spent the evening after church, at Central Market- one of my most favorite places to shop! It has rows and rows and rows and rows of every kind of veggie, fruit, cheese, fish, bread, meat- oh it is AWESOME! :)
Then, home to play the Wii! :)
Flash foward to Sunday- we hung out- and decided we would try to go to the art festival early- and it worked- we rode the busses in- walked around and saw some amazing art! People have some amazing skills! :) I am more crafty than arty- but I wish I was art!
We had the chance to grill out by the pool on Sunday as well- it was fabu :)
Anyways, I am boring myself with all the talk, so I will just post pictures!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment