Monday, April 27, 2009

spoke too soon

Though I did not get struck my lightening-- the house did manage to FLOOD. our carpet in the living room and bedroom are soaking wet. I noticed a wet spot and did more searching- only to find that somehow our floors are soaking wet. It WAS raining a TON...but, GEEWIZ. Did it really need to rain MORE than Hurricane IKE??!!?

I forgot to mention, that today, Jamos saw that the guy who used a metal pole to open our car door- even though I said we lived close and could get a ride to our house to get the spare key....actually SCRATCHED the heck out of the side panel of the door of the car. So, I had to GO BACK to the car place and fill out a report and tell them to FIX IT. It is one thing if I locked the keys in my car, but I also TOLD the guy I could go get a spare key and he insisted that he does this 20 times a day. So, ya. You hurt my car, you fix it.

Let's see...there a few other issues going on - though, I am thankful that these things are material and we have our lives and we have our family and friends. So, everything else in life- you just have to laugh at. Tonight as a stress reliever (it took jamos an HOUR to go 2 miles on his way home from work in the rain) from all the CRAP that has been going on in our lives- we decided to be goofy. 1) we ate pancakes for dinner because there is nothing else in the house 2) we made a REALLY REALLY long straw out of a bunch of straws and drank it from across the room. Then, we decided to duct tape the attaching points and have a really awesome straw. It was fun and, silly- which is what we needed to do.

Our DVR didnt record the shows we told it to- SO, we missed HOUSE and CHUCK. Which totally stinks. We like those shows a LOT. Well, Jamos likes Chuck- I don't really care MUCH.

No comments: