So, I am trying really hard to remember to keep the joy of the Lord. To not get frustrated when people are lazy. I am trying really hard to remember I struggle just as much as others in different areas. In my scrap book from my freshman year of college I have this certificate made by our chaplain Ron and it says something along the lines of being a 'fellow struggler' and I think it is really corny- but I have always kept it because I am a struggler. I am only human and I mess up and do things wrong all the time. My fear is hurting others. Not to say that I am a people pleaser, but I have slight people pleaser tendancy. I would rather say yes and be mad about it later than to just decline and be at peace with my decision. Life really is all about learning and learning to know myself is just as interesting as reading a good book. :) Today I want to be at the beach, taking photographs and picking up shells or rocks. I want it to be warm. I want to wear flip flops and eat ice cream. I want to watch a sunset. I want to laugh and play in the grass.
Well, I will get my head out of the clouds and back to this day. This freezing cold day. I don't have much for lunch. I brought an apple and cheez-its. I have jelly beans I can munch on, but I think I will splurge later for a 3:00 lunch because I am working until 8 tonight...that shall cover me.
No comments:
Post a Comment