Thursday, March 03, 2005

sunshine

Well, it is below zero this morning BUT the sun is shining. It is so bright, there were times in my commute that I really could not see. I think it is still having an affect on my eyesight as I type this. Some of you are thinking, "why not wear some sunglasses?" well, this is a great idea, and i had sunglasses in the car...with the LENS popped out and sitting on the seat next to me. I tried as best I could to drive and put the lens back in...but that was getting dangerous and becoming a lost cause, so I just took the plunge of burning my retnas as I drove to work. :)

I went shopping last night and I got 2 new pairs of pants! Well, 1 pair I already have the exact same pair of, but i figure, long, black pants, i need those...that justifies my need for 2 pairs...AND I got 3 pairs of SHOES!!! All the same style...in red, blue and black!! They were SO cheap. I got 3 pairs for 1/2 the price of the regular, non-sale price! :) Hey, I have a tall body and big feet...when I find things I buy them!! :)

Oh, but let me tell you about my annoying experience at JC Pennys. I get to the counter and there is a girl on the phone, taking a catalog order...then another lady comes over to the cash register and she starts ordering these size 10 petite pants for this other lady....WELL...i am thinking....HELLO!? no one even acknowledged that I was there...was I in the catalog ordering part of the store? NO. Then a line began to form...5 minutes passed...STILL no one said ANYTHING, like, "Thanks for waiting, I will be with you in a moment" OR "I can ring you up really fast since it takes 2 minutes to do that" So, I took my stuff to the opposite end of the store to the other customer service station...where a man was returning a LOT of clothes but forgot something in the car, so the girl in front of me got to try to get her outfit. Well, there was a problem with the sale price of the pants...so, they had to call the manager over... in the mean time, it became my turn...and in all the waiting, I saw that the bottom of the pant leg had some dirt on it- that I would be able to get out when I washed it- but why the heck would I want to buy something with dirt on it already? So, I tell this lady that "in all my waiting, I noticed some dirt on the pants" and she says, "I dont wash the clothes" and I am like...."ok?" so me and the girl with the other pants/clearance issue look at eachother like, why are we even shopping at this store? And then she goes, "well, I can give you an extra 10% off" and I was like, "ok" thinking, YOU STUPID WOMAN!!! The manager comes over and as she is leaving, my purchase was made...and I followed after her saying I needed to talk to her...in the mean time all the people who were in line at the 'catalog ordering part' of the store were behind me again in this new line...
I told her that I had been waiting and waiting without acknowledgement to make a purchase...it felt good. YES! Talking to management always makes my day empowered. Try it.

"Nothing is worth more than this day"

No comments: